‹ Back to Services
Contact Name: Margaret van Keppel
Contact Number: 0410 655 845
Emergency Contact: 0410 655 845
I have had 35 years’ experience as a clinical psychologist, which includes having worked in the government, university, health and non-government sectors, as an employee and also as a consultant.
I have been in private practice, as a sole practitioner for the past 20 years.
My special interests include:
- The psychology of women
- Health and reproductive/fertility issues
- Post adoption issues, including the experiences of women who relinquished children for adoption
- Grief and bereavement
Qualifications, memberships and associations include:
- Bachelor of Psychology (UWA), Master of Psychology (clinical) (UWA)
- Registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority; Psychologists Board of Australia; endorsement of “clinical” specialisation.
- Approved Counsellor, WA Reproductive Technology Council, as per the requirements of the Human Reproductive Technology Act 1991
- Registered provider, Medicare Australia & all private health insurance funds.
- “Working with Children Check” , Department for Child Protection and Family Support
- Member of Australian Clinical Psychology Association
- Member of Fertility Society of Australia
- Member of Australian and New Zealand Infertility Counsellors Association
Awards and Publications
- I was awarded a WA Women’s Fellowship in 1986 (to study post adoption services, including services to birth parents, in UK, USA and Victoria)
- My work in the adoption area has been published in a number of formats, including:
* Winkler R.C. and van Keppel M. (1984), Relinquishing mothers in adoption- their long term adjustment. Melbourne, Australian Institute of Family Studies, Monograph No 3.
* Winkler R.C., Brown D., van Keppel M. and Blanchard A. (1988), Clinical Practice in Adoption. Oxford, Pergamon Press Inc.
- I have also presented at a large number of conferences and workshops, on a wide variety of topics. More information is available on request.
Suite 4/544 William Street, Mount Lawley 6050